In today’s #MeToo and #BlackLivesMatter era, many organizations are implementing Cultural Sensitivity Training including Unconscious Bias and Diversity & Inclusion as part of a holistic approach to preventing harassment and discrimination in the workplace.
Our Cultural Sensitivity: Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace training is a half-day virtual, instructor-led training session for employees, presented using an online platform such as Zoom or Skype. Agenda can be customized to meet your training requirements whether it is for group training or one-on-one.
Our live Canada-wide virtual Cultural Sensitivity: Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace session for employees covers:
- Diversity & Inclusion Fundamentals
- Includes HR Proactive Video – Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace
- Overt Racism & Stereotypes
- Discrimination & Prejudices
- Microaggressions and Unconscious Bias
- The Self-Awareness Approach: Mindshift for Unconscious Behaviours
- Vigilance and Awareness
- Conscious Communication
- Exposure and Experience
- Conversations and Feedback
An inclusive workplace embraces diversity creating a cooperative, collaborative work environment where all workers feel a sense of belonging and connection to those around them. Inclusiveness occurs when everyone is recognized, accepted and valued for their uniqueness and are free to express their diverse point of view.
- Discrimination is not always overt or obvious.
- Even the most enlightened people have prejudices attributable to life experiences. It’s how we manage them that makes the difference.
- Self-awareness is a powerful tool, especially when we’re not even aware that our thoughts are influenced by a deeply seeded belief.
- Explore, learn, and listen to the diversity around you.
- Identify assumptions, talk about the subject, not the person and use inclusive language.
For more information regarding our Canada-Wide Live Virtual Cultural Sensitivity: Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace Training Session visit: Cultural Sensitivity Training.
Diversity and inclusion represent a tremendous source of strength if we learn how to use our differences to our advantage. We must practice inclusion by drawing on each other’s cultures, talents and ideas to create a more equitable and productive workplace. This requires an ongoing commitment and support from all employees.
Call us at 1.888.552.1155 or email email@example.com to book your Live Virtual Cultural Sensitivity: Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace Training Session for Employees.