Supervisors exercise responsibility on behalf of the company and play a large part in creating a respectful work environment that promotes a workplace that is free of discrimination, harassment, bullying and violence.
Our Live Virtual Prevent Harassment, Bullying & Violence in the Workplace Training for Managers is a three (3) hour instructor-led information session presented using an online platform such as Zoom or Skype. Program content discusses what constitutes harassment and discrimination and also addresses human rights and responsibilities under the company harassment policy.
Click here to preview Sample Agenda.
Our live virtual Prevent Harassment, Bullying & Violence in the Workplace session for Managers covers:
- Respect & Civility (including 15 minute video)
- Harassment and the Law (Liability and Responsibility)
- Types of Harassment and Bullying
- Psychological Harassment
- Personal Harassment
- Sexual Harassment
- Impact of Harassment
- What to do if you are Harassed, Bullied or Target of Violence (including Bystander Intervention)
- Discrimination and Bias
- Violence in the Workplace
- Connection between Harassment, Bullying & Violence
- Building and Maintaining a Respectful Workplace
- Ways to Prevent Harassment and Bullying
- Ways to Promote a Civil and Respectful Workplace
- Importance of a Harassment-free Workplace
- Personal Conduct for Managers (includes Promoting Positive Conduct at Work video)
Supervisors and Managers need to remember the following:
- Truly model positive workplace behaviours and encourage others to do the same.
- Really listen to your workers and treat their feedback with respect.
- Step in if you observe any disrespectful behaviour among your workers. Be sure to document the incident fully, regardless of its severity. This will ensure that if there is a pattern of similar incidents, the pattern will be identified and the proper course of action can be taken.
- Report instances of harassment immediately to your immediate supervisor, including instances of disrespect you observe among other supervisors.
Takeaway: Managers will be provided with a comprehensive Leader Guide as a resource.
Call us at 1.888.552.1155 or email email@example.com to book your Live Virtual Prevent Harassment, Bullying & Violence in the Workplace Training Session for Managers.
A respectful workplace is one where every worker is free to contribute to their maximum potential regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, family status or disability, and where workers are valued and supported by the company, their supervisors, and their co-workers.
For more information regarding our Canada-Wide Live Virtual Prevent Harassment, Bullying & Violence in the Workplace Training visit: https://harassmentintheworkplace.ca/.