HR Proactive is a leading Canada-wide consultancy business providing confidential third-party workplace investigation services to large and small corporations, both public and private.
We have opportunities available for experienced investigators to join our team of independent, seasoned professionals. A background that includes practical experience in delivering individual or group training will open up additional opportunities as an instructor-led trainer.
Position: Workplace Harassment Investigator
Position is fee for service
No guaranteed amount of work
Ideal for retiree
- Consultations with client
- Review complaint documents and Respondent’s response
- Conduct separate interviews with Complainant and Respondent
- Identify witnesses from the Complainant and Respondent
- Conduct interviews with each identified witness
- Gather and review any relevant documentary evidence
- Analyze facts and evidence pursuant to Client policies and applicable legislation (Human Rights Code, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Canada Labour Code, etc.)
- Provide a determination as to whether or not the evidence supports a finding of harassment or other misconduct
- Prepare and render a final detailed report to the client
The successful candidate(s) will have at least five years’ investigative experience in occupational health and safety, human rights or a related field (e.g. other law enforcement).
Skills crucial to success in this role:
- The successful candidate(s) will be prepared and able to work independently.
- Knowledge of legislation related to occupational health and safety and human rights is required.
- Interviewing and statement taking skills.
- Analytical skill, include the ability to understand material facts according to applicable legislation and the allegations raised, and to identify and gather sufficient evidence to prove or disprove those facts.
- Investigative skill, including the ability to create an effective investigation plan, to fairly and appropriately engage parties and witnesses, to maintain an investigation file and to properly secure all evidence obtained.
- Writing skills, including the ability to write clear and concise investigative reports.
- Ability to conduct investigations virtually or in-person when necessary.
Applicants meeting the above requirements are asked to submit their cover letter and resume/CV via email to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate ‘Application for Workplace Harassment Investigator’. Only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Thank you for your interest in HR Proactive Inc.